Ms. Shah is an experienced gynaecologist with special interest in interest in colposcopy and vulval disease and endoscopy . She completed her PhD from University College London in 2012. PhD thesis was on Human Papillomavirus and Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia in HIV infected women. She received Clinical Research Training Fellowship from Medical Reaseach Council and Royal college of Obstretician and Gynaecologists . She also completed a Diploma on family planning and sexual health.
Ms. Shah is the lead of Colposcopy service of Barnet Hospital NHS , London with vast experience of Complex colposcopy related cases , Rapid access gynaecology clinics and Early pregnancy complications.
She is work force lead and the Deputy College Tutor responsible for training of junior doctors in Obstetrics and Gynaecology . She received multiple awards for her academic achievements .
2009 1st Prize for poster (Estimating blood loss following instrumental delivery and the factors affecting blood transfusion requirement) submitted to the Institute of Women’s Health conference at RCOG
2009 2nd Prize for poster (Reducing the risk of “trials of instrumental delivery in theatre”. Does Consultant presence make a difference?) submitted to the Institute of Women’s Health conference at RCOG
2004 BHIVA Partial scholarship for the attendance of the XV International AIDS Conference
2004 BSCCP Prize for the 10 best abstracts
2003 Joint MRC/RCOG Clinical Research Training Fellowship for PhD.
1996 BSc First class honours
1996 Wellcome Trust Vacation scholarship.
1996 Wolfson Foundation Scholarship for Bsc.
1995 Mrs George M Smith Prize for 2nd year subjects.
1995 Lord Rank Prize for Biochemistry.
1995 Austin Heady Prize for Biometry.
1995 Certificate of merit for Pharmacology.
1995 Certificate of merit for Anatomy.
1994 Annie.E.Brooks Prize for Biochemistry.
• Surgical treatment and care for patients with HIV infection, Skopje, Macedonia. Invited speaker. Nov 2016
• HIV Meeting, Timisoara, Romania. Invited speaker, presented “HIV & Gynaecology”. Sept 2016
• Postpartum simulation training day, gave a presentation on “Postpartum care of women with GDM and OC in pregnancy” on 2nd March 2016 at the Royal Free Simulation Centre.
• PROMPT Course. Teaching on CTG intepretation and change in NICE guidelines & Pre-eclampsia. Royal Free Hospital 2015.
• PROMPT Course. Eclampsia Simulation training. Royal Free Hospital 2015
• Management of CIN in Immunocompromised women. Advanced Colposcopy Course run by Professor Singer at UCH. Regular invited speaker.
• Viral illnesses, screening and treatment issues for HIV infected women. JUSTRI, Zagreb, Croatia. Invited speaker. Feb 2012 HIV – Immunosuppression and CIN.
• Intermediate/Advanced Colposcopy course. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Invited speaker, 10 June 2008
• Management of Pre-Cervical cancer in HIV and Immunosuppressed women. Whittington Advanced Colposcopy Course. Invited speaker, 15-16 March 2007
• Human papillomavirus and Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia in HIV-infected women. Invited speaker, HIV congress, Mumbai, 10-12 March 2006.